Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

first post here, Hi everybody! :)

I am currently working on a 457 visa in Melbourne and since it's already been almost 2 years we are thinking about getting our PR through a subclass 190 visa.

I do have a few questions though, hoping that I am not the first to jump through these hoops.

The Streamlined Pathway to State Nomination for 457 Visa Holders - Live in Victoria website mentions the streamlined process for 457 holders. (not allowed to link yet)

What exactly is streamlined here? Are there things I don't have to do or is it just as soon as I've applied for nomination that the process is faster?

Do I still need to do my skills assessment and IELTS test?
(I'm a German citizen, didn't get my British passport when I had the chance, so now I have to do the English test)

Re Skills assessment. That will be painful, as I have almost no job references from the past, so I would have to chase my previous employers up on that.

Thanks so far.

Cheers
David

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
In preparation for the implementation of recommendation 13.1 of the 457 Integrity Review in 2016 (streamlined processing), a number of changes have been made to the eVisa Sponsorship, Nomination and Visa application forms to ensure that applicants are accurately identified at each stage of the programme and linkages between applications in departmental systems are improved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Westly,

what does that mean? What changes have been made?
Do I need to undergo the Skills Assessment if I am already on the 457?

Cheers
David

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If you Google, you should find most of your answers. Yes you need a skills assessment and yes you need an English test. It looks like the streamlining is that you don't need to have worked for 2 years on a 457 or employer sponsorship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.