Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Dayan Garcia and I just moved from California two months ago. I am currently on a working holiday visa but my fiancé and I are eloping July 4th (a little over a week) and I would love some help with my immigration visa(s). He is an Australian Citizen so we were thinking about applying for the Domestic Partner visa. My working holiday visa expires a year from my date of entry (so some time in April of 2017). I saw that it's taking 12-15 months to process these domestic partner/de facto visa applications, so if we apply in July, I would not get a response until July of next year or even later (if it's closer to the 15 months), which means I'd have from April until whenever they decide on my visa out. Do I have to apply for a bridging visa? If so, when should I apply for it? How long does that take to grant? If not, what happens to me? Do I have to leave Australia to avoid overstaying my visa? Also, I am changing my last name, so am I supposed to apply for a new passport with my new name first? And if so, does that mean I lose my working holiday visa or do I have to call/contact them (immigration or not sure who) to change my current working holiday visa under the new passport with my new name? Or should I just apply with my current passport and worry about changing my last name after the domestic visa is processed/granted? Please advise. Thank you!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.