Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am currently on a studentvisa which last for 8 months (before this i was on my WHV for a year). After those 8 months me and my aussie boyfriend want to apply for a defacto visa.

Does anyone now if thats possible?? To go from student to defacto visa? We have all the evidence we need, just not sure if you can jump from the one visa to the other without leaving the country?

Hope there someone who can help!

Cheers

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am currently on a studentvisa which last for 8 months (before this i was on my WHV for a year). After those 8 months me and my aussie boyfriend want to apply for a defacto visa.

Does anyone now if thats possible?? To go from student to defacto visa? We have all the evidence we need, just not sure if you can jump from the one visa to the other without leaving the country?

Hope there someone who can help!

Cheers
The only time you'll have difficulty applying for another visa in Australia that you meet eligibility for will be if there is a No Further Stay condition imposed on the visa you hold.
Partner visas can be applied for onshore and if you meet the eligibility requirements, a 12 months relationship etc., or a relationship registration if in ACT, Tassie or Vic., you should be fine.
Just make sure you read all the eligibility stuff and Booklet #1 well and make good use of the Checklist from the applying for this visa section.
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.