Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Adam, just about to turn 30 and from Brighton, UK

I went to Asutralia for 3 months in 2005 and travelled the whole east coast and into the outback, loved every minute of it.

I'm now looking to move to australia, permanently, starting with a working holiday visa, flying out in Jan.

Will be posting some questions soon, and hopefully I can help some others with info about the various places I've been so far.

Adam

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Good to hear you've got yourself organised Adam and hope you enjoy Australia.
Getting PR has just got a bit harder for now with the government tightening further on the PR GSM regs. - info at sticky threads #3 & #4 in visas and immigration section.

But you'll still have time to do some specific work and qualify for a second WHV, just apply for it before you turn 31 and it'll be tacked onto the end of your first and so that'll give you at least two years initially and if things pick up economically, always a chance of you finding and employer sponsor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously nothing is set in stone, but I intend to do whatever is necessary to let me stay there. My options are pretty limited though I think.

I have no family there apart from a cousin
I work self-employed fixing computers, my qualifications from 2000 have expired about 4 years ago, so I have little to bring to the table in that respect.
I have little money (and no debts)

As I understand it I can really only get PR as either defacto with an Australian woman, or sponsored by an employee.

Hopefully it'll all work out, but do have major worries about it not, and having to come back to the UK :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
status of my application

Hi, I'm vinodmohandas, just about to turn 30 and from karnataka india.:)

I had applied for my visa ("sub class 175 skill indepent") on 22 june 2009.
Its more than 6 months up that i am not able to know the status of my application and when i am going to get my medical and police verification .

I'm now looking forward to get details on these.

Please suggest me to get details and time span of the process.:(

vinodmohandas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm vinodmohandas, just about to turn 30 and from karnataka india.

Its more than 6 months up that i am not able to know the status of my application and when i am going to get my medical and police verification .

Please suggest me to get details and time span of the process.

vinodmohandas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought I'd update this thread :)

would appreciate a mod removing the OT posts above ? :confused: lol

Anyhow

It's now August and I turn 31 in October!

Will I have any problems getting a Working Holiday Visa now? or have I left it too late? :(

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Vinod,

Are you still waiting for ur 175 visa ?

Hi, I'm vinodmohandas, just about to turn 30 and from karnataka india.:)

Please suggest me to get details and time span of the process.:(

vinodmohandas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.