Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am currently living in Brazil with my Australian partner. We have been in a relationship for a little over one year. We would like to go back to Australia by the end of this year. We would like advice on the best path to take regarding the possibility of a permanent stay in Australia. I will explain our circumstances and pose some questions below:

I have already studied one year in Australia as an English student (the first visa was 6 months, and then I extended another 6 months). I returned to Brazil October last year. I want to return again. I'm not sure if skilled migration is an option. I have a Bachelors in environmental management and a masters in modelling of complex systems. I'm not sure if I would be eligible for any occupations on the list. Regarding being a student this is an option but I have some concerns about visa being rejected because I've already studied one year and have good qualifications and a job in Brazil. Many people are having there student visas rejected. What do you think is this probability given recent changes to Immigration in Australia?

Alternatively, if I go to Australia on a tourist visa and then make an application for a partner visa when I arrive in Australia with my Australian partner (we will meet the requirements). Will I have time to do that? Will I have working rights on the bridging visa and will that be granted in time? I am also concerned about getting a no further stay condition on my tourist visa which I heard sometimes happens (based on what I'm not sure?)

If I was to marry my Australian partner in Brazil who is with me now, how would that help me to get to Australia? My understanding is that it's the same visa as spouse visa, just less evidence. Basically, we don't want to wait in Brazil for 18months while the visa is processing. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.