Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Could anyone here answer if there would be any problem getting a student visa (500) in my case: I have submitted my Expression Of Interest (EOI) for 189/190 visas via the SkillSelect in March this year.

We have a pure intention of fully legal immigration to Australia and would like to increase our chances by getting additional points in the SkillSelect - this can be done by studying in Australia for a Master's degree (2 years of education) - this would add 5 points to my score. However, since I have already expressed my intention to immigrate - could it affect the decision of granting me a student visa? To prove this visa will be used by me for studying I will write in my GTE letter that my family (my wife and 2 daughters) will be staying at my home country during the course of my studying. Will this fact be considered by DIBP officers?

Thank you all in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know that studying in a regional area would bring me another additional 5 points. But my question is, would it be any trouble getting a student visa with my interest in the Skilled Worker immigration program declared?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.