Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I'm an Australian citizen who is currently living in Russia. I would like to take my Russian husband home for Christmas for 2-3 months. We've tried applying for a visitor visa with my mother as the sponsor but they rejected it as in-laws aren't allowed to sponsor. Can anyone help me out? How can I take my Russian husband to Australia for this period of time? There has to be a simple solution.

Any advice is appreciated!

Ellie

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Probably subclass 600, visitor stream.
The previous refusal will not help.
Consult a registered migration agent,

·
Registered
139 Posts
As Westly said, you could alternatively try subclass 600 in the visitor stream. If you haven't already last time, you'll need to provide compelling evidence that he intends to return home after the visit (eg a job, property, family members).

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply!!
We would be happy to use the services of an agent if we knew exactly which visa they could help us obtain. We can't apply for an 'ordinary' tourist visa as we want to stay for more than one month. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
837 Posts
? there is no one month visa. the lengths are 3, 6 and 12 months.
also thats the point of a migration agent so they can advise you what visa you can apply for, they won't just do the application.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
My experience with the Visitor Visa 600 has been that the sponsored ones get rejected easily, but the normal tourist stream ones are accepted much easier, and get a faster decision.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You have had 2 very good Registered Migration Agents reply to your post.

I have a lot of experience with Visitor Visa applications to the Moscow Embassy, there is no simple solution.

My partner had a uni job of about 7 years, unit ownership, $20,000+ USD in bank savings. She had to leave a kid behind to get a Visitor Visa approved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.