Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I intend on moving to Melbourne in the next few years.

I went to Geelong Grammar School and Melbourne Uni in the late 90s then left Oz after my degree and have regretted it ever since. I've finally managed to persuade hubby he wants to move there ;), so I'm really excited.

Hope you're all successful in your visa applications. I'm looking forward to all the helpful information I've already seen here being related to my specific queries. Thanks, in advance, to those who reply.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I intend on moving to Melbourne in the next few years.

I went to Geelong Grammar School and Melbourne Uni in the late 90s then left Oz after my degree and have regretted it ever since. I've finally managed to persuade hubby he wants to move there ;), so I'm really excited.

Hope you're all successful in your visa applications. I'm looking forward to all the helpful information I've already seen here being related to my specific queries. Thanks, in advance, to those who reply.
Charlies old school when he came out for a term in the bush wasn't it?
But did you just come as a student you mean and you're not an Aussie?
But don't let that stop you both and plenty of people doing it so with Melbourne Uni and all you should not have too great a difficulty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlies old school when he came out for a term in the bush wasn't it?
Yes, it was, although he went as a sort of mentor to the Year 8 class in Timbertop (near Mount Bulla).

But did you just come as a student you mean and you're not an Aussie?
I did come as a student - I have Irish and English citizenship. I was fed up of going through the whole visa process, with chest X-rays and police checks, etc, but it turned out that other countries are even worse, and that I didn't enjoy living there anywhere near as much as I did Melbourne. Can't wait to return.

But don't let that stop you both and plenty of people doing it so with Melbourne Uni and all you should not have too great a difficulty.
Under the new points system, both my husband and I qualify with 125 points each, so we're looking at a subclass 175 visa (professional independent worker). Now just need to get all the documentation together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.