Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there ,i have a 46 yr old girlfriend who lives in the philipines so the usual applying for a work visa is out of the question because of the age limit,so we have looked at various ways of getting my gf here in australia,does anyone know if registering a relationship here in south australia would help ie as in getting a temp visa which enables gf to live and work here and then go for thr permanant visa any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
To sponsor a partner visa, you need to provide evidence that you've been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months. Registering the relationship simply waives the requirement to provide a full 12 months of evidence but you certainly would need to provide several months worth.

Depending on the status of your relationship, perhaps a de facto would work or you may need to consider a Prospective Marriage Visa if you intend to marry.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
hi there ,i have a 46 yr old girlfriend who lives in the philipines so the usual applying for a work visa is out of the question because of the age limit,so we have looked at various ways of getting my gf here in australia,does anyone know if registering a relationship here in south australia would help ie as in getting a temp visa which enables gf to live and work here and then go for thr permanant visa any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated
Do you have any more information on you and your partners relationship? It would be hard for anyone to give any type of worthwhile advice with very limited information.

How long have you been together?
Have you met in person?
Do you have supporting evidence in relation to the financial matters in your relationship, the social aspects of it?

I'm not sure if there's a temporary visa that would allow her to work in Australia, I can't speak to that. But the more information you provide, the easier it will be for people here to offer up advice that may be useful to you.

You can also contact a RMA. Several that post here, and a sticky thread here with their name and contact information.

Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.