Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know how does my PR process effect if i get divorced mid way through my PR process to australia (divorce was not considered at the time of my PR process initiation)? I have not included my spouse in my visa application and applying alone for now. Kindly advice

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure if this correct thread or someone can suggest me to another one.
Regarding relationship and child custody.
Partner from overseas on BVA awaiting temporary visa 820.
If we have a child born in Australia can partner take child back to their home country without my permission if we separate or have argument and she want to leave? We been having issues lately but not talking divorce or separation but I want to know options to be prepared.
If we in Australia and have a problem and I cancel sponsorship, it means she must leave in 1 month but can also take our Australian born child without my consent or not?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not sure if this correct thread or someone can suggest me to another one.
Regarding relationship and child custody.
Partner from overseas on BVA awaiting temporary visa 820.
If we have a child born in Australia can partner take child back to their home country without my permission if we separate or have argument and she want to leave? We been having issues lately but not talking divorce or separation but I want to know options to be prepared.
If we in Australia and have a problem and I cancel sponsorship, it means she must leave in 1 month but can also take our Australian born child without my consent or not?
Does your child have a passport?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You can withdraw sponsorship but that doesn't mean her visa will be cancelled or that she'll have to leave, FYI. Immigration makes those decisions and prob not likely they'll deport her with a child of the relationship...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does your child have a passport?
Yes child has passport, and not that I want to force her out of Australia if we split, but If she wants to leave and take child?
I read on other website, I can register my childs name on some watchlist so it can be picked up at airport to prevent leaving without consent.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes child has passport, and not that I want to force her out of Australia if we split, but If she wants to leave and take child?
I read on other website, I can register my childs name on some watchlist so it can be picked up at airport to prevent leaving without consent.
technically your wife needs your permission to take the child outside of Australia or even moving a certain amount of ks away if it will interfere
with the child's wellbeing. Perhaps you should think about getting a parenting order in place if you feel this might happen in the future.

I do know that if she were to take your child you can apply to the court's for a recovery order to have the child returned.

I found this website that you may find helpful.
Preventing a Child Travelling Overseas: Passport already Issued | DIY Family Law Austraila

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I'm not familiar with Aussie custody laws but in the US, just because a parent is not legally allowed to take a child out of the county, state, or country without consent of the other parent doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And in Australia, all the child needs is a passport to leave.

Go to court and sort out custody of the kid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not familiar with Aussie custody laws but in the US, just because a parent is not legally allowed to take a child out of the county, state, or country without consent of the other parent doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And in Australia, all the child needs is a passport to leave.

Go to court and sort out custody of the kid.
Appreciate advice but Not appropriate to make custody order at the moment.
Just interested in possibilities if situation arises.
Wife always complaining of being bored and missing family.Sometimes we argue sometimes it's good, just usual relationship things.
I want child in Australia for good future. Just worried if maybe one day she leaves on holiday with child then we have arguement or something while she is overseas and she don't return. What can I do then?

·
Registered
10 Posts
technically your wife needs your permission to take the child outside of Australia or even moving a certain amount of ks away if it will interfere
with the child's wellbeing. Perhaps you should think about getting a parenting order in place if you feel this might happen in the future.

I do know that if she were to take your child you can apply to the court's for a recovery order to have the child returned.

I found this website that you may find helpful.
Preventing a Child Travelling Overseas: Passport already Issued | DIY Family Law Austraila
thanks, good site

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.