Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I applied my paperworks in April 2017. So far I got requested to do Health Check twice already. But still got no visa.
My husband and I have lived in Vietnam for 7 years and now he needs to get back to Australia for work. He doesnt wanna leave me n our daughter here by ourselves.
What other visa can I get to stay in Australia while waiting on my partner visa? I understand I have to get out of Aus when they grant it.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Some people get a 12 month visitor visa while waiting. We did that while waiting for the PMV300.

No work on that, but it could be worth trying.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi everyone, I applied my paperworks in April 2017. So far I got requested to do Health Check twice already. But still got no visa.
My husband and I have lived in Vietnam for 7 years and now he needs to get back to Australia for work. He doesnt wanna leave me n our daughter here by ourselves.
What other visa can I get to stay in Australia while waiting on my partner visa? I understand I have to get out of Aus when they grant it.
Thanks for any help
Submitted :confused:April 2917 .... and married 7 years... ? That is way too long to wait.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Thanks for any help
You have been waiting 10 months so far, and the time frame shows 11 months for 75% of applications. Yours may be getting close.

An application for a visitor visa sometimes bumps the system, and may just get the 309 finalised a bit quicker. I've noticed that happen on a few posts here in the past.

Is there a reason for the two health checks you mentioned?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first health check was expired after 6months. So they asked for another health check. In 4 months, if they still dont grant my visa. I will have to do another health check which is really ridiculous. It costs over 250$ every time

·
Registered
74 Posts
My first health check was expired after 6months. So they asked for another health check. In 4 months, if they still dont grant my visa. I will have to do another health check which is really ridiculous. It costs over 250$ every time
Totally agree. There's no excuse for requesting a medical check then letting it expire before making a decision.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
I thought that Medicals lasted 12 months. Immigration told us that we needed to enter before the medicals expired, 12 months after we did them.

Different countries must have different prices, ours was $100. Obviously no-one controls the price.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
As far as the waiting period of 11-16 months goes... that is indefensible. I've worked 20+ years across the sector and know it doesn't need to take this long.
With only 190,000 visa grants each year, and many more applicants than that, they need ways to trim down the numbers. Increasing the fees, delaying the processing times, etc., could be part of it.

If they employ just enough staff to cover 190,000 but get 500,000 applications, there will be extra delays caused there too.

Maybe if they doubled the fees again, it may trim the application numbers, and get the processing times down.

I just noticed another thread where a 309 was granted in 4 weeks, with a comment on how rare it was to have such a well prepared application. Maybe they put some on the backburner, if they feel it looks to complicated, and do the easy ones first?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just noticed another thread where a 309 was granted in 4 weeks, with a comment on how rare it was to have such a well prepared application. Maybe they put some on the backburner, if they feel it looks to complicated, and do the easy ones first?
seems the UK office is processing theirs ahead of the rest to fill in the quota.......hard to say really

I thought ours was a straight forward case....we sifted thru 19 yrs of paperwork we have together including mortgage and bank statements, etc.

But from what I see from others that are being processed from the Ottawa office.....no such luck getting anything granted that quick..... :confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
If they employ just enough staff to cover 190,000 but get 500,000 applications, there will be extra delays caused there too.

Maybe if they doubled the fees again, it may trim the application numbers, and get the processing times down.

[/QUOTE]

They only have staff to cover the locations that generate money first. UK office is pushing out the partner applications before the 457 stream ceases. This is a strategic approach and what we should all expect

But don't expect me to accept that a 12 month wait for approval on top of a double in the fee is acceptable

I work pay tax and am citizen of Australia by birth. To keep hiking the visa application fee is effectively adding minimum of 10k tax to all Australians who fall in love with a foreign national and choose to marry them.

It is what it is... Love tax

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for any help
Depending on your circumstances, you could apply for a visitor visa. However, you will really need to show that you have an incentive to return home after your visit (eg property, a rental agreement, job etc). If you do visit Australia, make sure you inform the case officer and ask them to hold off on the visa grant until you are back home.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.