Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for tourist visa from india to australia.I submitted all my documents ie. my job offer letter, NOC from company, 6 months statements, liquid cash, fixed deposit.(total 23lacs). my real sis in law is citizen of australia she sponsored me.
My wife and kid got their visas for australia, last year and they have already visited australia twice.
but they refused my visa by saying that my income tax return is 4.5lacs only.

Is there anyone who got same reason for refusal.??

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Your SIL can't have sponsored you as in-law's cannot sponsor, the onus is on you to have enough funds etc.

Without seeing a refusal and based on what you wrote it sounds like immigration have trouble with your savings compared to your income. When your savings are considerable higher than your income you should mention where the money has come from (for example inheritance). One forum member his fiance at the time was refused a visa because her savings were too high compared to her wage.

You didn't say in your post if your wife and child applied for a tourist visa again the same time as you or if they still have a current tourist visa to Australia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When she applied for visitor visa, we showed same funds and same ITR. They gave her visa but when I applied with same ITR and funds they refused it. I mentioned everything, also added their passport and visa copy in file.

Your SIL can't have sponsored you as in-law's cannot sponsor, the onus is on you to have enough funds etc.

Without seeing a refusal and based on what you wrote it sounds like immigration have trouble with your savings compared to your income. When your savings are considerable higher than your income you should mention where the money has come from (for example inheritance). One forum member his fiance at the time was refused a visa because her savings were too high compared to her wage.

You didn't say in your post if your wife and child applied for a tourist visa again the same time as you or if they still have a current tourist visa to Australia.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
When she applied for visitor visa, we showed same funds and same ITR. They gave her visa but when I applied with same ITR and funds they refused it. I mentioned everything, also added their passport and visa copy in file.
Does she have a current tourist visa to Australia and were you going together on this trip?

From what I have seen males have more success when their wife and child stay in their home country and do not have a tourist visa to the country they are going to as it is incentive for the applicant to return home.

I would suggest engaging a registered migration agent as they may have more luck getting you a tourist visa.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your wife and child may have got positive response cos ‘significant family ties’ in the home country. I.e. the fact you didn’t come and the govmt would consider it unlikely she will leave her husband and father of her child in India. Also if your wife is the real sister of the sponsor, your sister in law can really sponsor your wife but not you. If you are not leaving your wife and child in India, they will say that no reason for you to go back cos no one in India is waiting for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.