Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am an international student graduating with a bachelor degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering from QUT in Brisbane this year. I have accepted a job offer in my home country, and am likely to stay there for around 12 months before I would like to go back to Australia to work.

I am a bit confused with the eligibility criteria for the 476 Visa: Can I apply for 476, even though my degree is not from an overseas institution?

If I am eligible, will I still have to take a language test? (this was not required for my student visa because of the grade I received in English in my upper secondary school education in my home country).

Because I wont be in Australia when applying, or apply within 6 months of graduating, I wont be eligible for the 485 visa.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Hi, no you are not eligible to apply for a Recognised Graduate Visa (476) if you graduated from an Australian University. There is a specific list of universities for which recent engineering graduates are qualified to apply for this visa. No Australian universities are on that list.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.