Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Not sure I understand why peopl apply for residency and then don’t live in the country.

To each their own, I suppose.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I often wonder about this as well. In the application you do after all indicate your commitment to reside in Australia.

It can create all sort of issues down the track with RRVs and citizenship applications.
You would think when applying to reside permanently in a country you're intention is to do just that. Personally, we don't have any plans in the near future to leave Australia. I don't want to muck up my citizenship eligibility, even though that is way, way down the track.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've also heard of people applying for a visa now while they meet the criteria, even though they only plan to actually move in the next couple of years. Rather than taking a risk that the rules will change and they won't be eligible at a later date, they get the visa while they can.
Fair point, it makes sense. I guess I'm just thinking of a few posts I've read along the way where people say they don't intend to live permanently here on a permanent visa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.