Australia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I need an advice. Our PMV was granted finally after more than 2.5 years of waiting. It was granted this year, month of May and I need to marry my partner before May 2022 but I can't travel to Australia. Is there a way for us to get married online and be recognized by the Australian immigration? If yes, do you know any legit sites that can help us to do that? Or should we ask for an extension for next year? Is it possible?
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Hello everyone!

I need an advice. Our PMV was granted finally after more than 2.5 years of waiting. It was granted this year, month of May and I need to marry my partner before May 2022 but I can't travel to Australia. Is there a way for us to get married online and be recognized by the Australian immigration? If yes, do you know any legit sites that can help us to do that? Or should we ask for an extension for next year? Is it possible?
Thanks!
Personally I would wait, and keep applying for travel ban exemption.

However, there are some online only marriage ceremonies.

These are now legal in a few places, but some have more restrictions than others.

Most require at least one of the couple to reside in the state or country of marriage.

At least one does NOT have that restriction, the US State of Utah.

And it appears that Australia recognises that one as legal.

I have read that you must deal direct, and not through agencies.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
Read the conditions on your visa very carefully before doing anything irreversible.

Reactions: aussiesteve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What if I still don't get a travel exemption and my PMV is very close to expiring or expired already and I haven't entered Australia yet?
Is there any way that I can extend the validity of my PMV? Thanks

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
One of the conditions of the PMV 300 is that you must enter Australia before getting married.
That is correct, and if you get married before entering, the 300 can be switched to a 309 application.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Even after the 300 has been granted?
I should have said "the 300 application can be switched to a 309 application".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts