Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My name's Andy. I migrated to Australia from England with my family in 1965. I've been a permanent resident for over 45 years and only recently applied and have received Australian Citizenship, however, I'm still awaiting to hear when I attend the official ceremony to give my pledge.

I'm currently in the process of bring my Fiancée into Aus. from Thailand. I have already learned much from reading other people's stories on this site who are in similar situations. The visa application timeline section is very interesting and gives me hope that the average length of processing at present seems to be around 2 months. :)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum and hope it's the Aussie you'll be supporting in the current tests for we do need it in having been cleaned up by the English in Rugby last night, a great match too it was and the Rleague guys lost to the Kiwis too.
All we'll need is for Webber to not get a good start/finish to not get the F1 Championship and it'll not have been the best of weekends sports wise.

Anyway mate, the timeline does show huge variation and I'd not rely on an average for an indication too much and accept that it could be a lot more than two months and it could possibly be that tripled or cubed.
A few posts recently have referred to longer times being indicated for partner visas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the welcome Wanderer.

You know that I'm really lucky that the Oz citizenship test that I sat back in July, didn't test for sports general knowledge. In fact if they had,..I would have surely been deported back to old Blighty on a ration of bread & water. I'm about as un-Australian as it comes when the topic turns to sports. I hear you about the timeline containing a large range of processing times, as each case is assessed on individual merits. we were told by email when contacted by the CO, that the average time is currently 3 months. We find it encouraging that as up to now, they have not requested any additional information. Being kept apart from loved ones by bureaucratic forces is definitely a stressful experience. Fortunately, it's not something that has to be endured too many times in life. It's still comforting to read all the stories in the timeline section though, as the majority seem to get their visa processed within a reasonable time frame.

Thanx again for the welcome and I hope to be able to contribute some more comments as they catch my interest.
Cheers
Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.