Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a hard time finding a job in south Australia. I go for interviews they always ask me about my visa. I don't know if that's the reason I can't get a job. I have temporary spouse visa and i didn't get a job since I came here. My very upset I thought Australia was land of opportunities but it's opposite. I think I'm just become a financial burden on my husband.

Plus I'm still waiting on my pr everything seems blocked. I feel I'm stuck. I used to work back in my country. I don't know y is it so hard even to find the simplest work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know how you feel. I am scared out of my mind at the prospect of being deadweight on my spouse.
This not from my experience but I read somewhere that you should not use the word "temporary" when you refer to your visa status, but say "provisional" instead. As for me, I would mention that my spouse is a citizen by birth to further emphasize the idea that I was going to stick around.
May I ask in which industry and field you are looking for a job?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I read that it's also a good idea to tell them your partner is your sponsor, that you don't need any sponsorship from them (the company you're applying to), in case they're worried about having to provide some kind of sponsorship i.e. they don't know how the partner visa system works.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's a good point. Have you tried looking for a job on 309 spouse visa, Ming1?

Would you mind sharing your experience with us, if you have?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just keep trying! I was so lucky to find a job after a few weeks, but I know right now it's a tough market in South Australia. Like others said, talk a little about what your visa class means (no need for them to sponsor you, you won't be leaving anytime soon).

Reactions: Ganbarimasu

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's a good point. Have you tried looking for a job on 309 spouse visa, Ming1?

Would you mind sharing your experience with us, if you have?
Not myself, I have been looking around about the same thing for my partner, and I came across a post by someone who was able to get work on a bridging visa, in part through telling the employer about not needing any sponsorship....thought I would pass the message on:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.