Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Me and my partner have had a hard pill to swallow in the last few days. I'm bound to leave Australia in the next few weeks as my current BVA comes to an end. Now we would obviously like to continue living together in the place where we met and live. My MA gave me the advice to come back on a 651 and apply for the 461 (she's a legal 444 holder from NZ living here for 7 years). I'm from The Netherlands myself so the 651 is possible.

The 'shtick' here is, of course, the long 461 process time and the BVA 'no-work' limitation on this visa. In our current living situation I earn almost 2/3 of our income and our savings will not last us more than a few (2-3) months of living before we are hitting troublesome times waiting for a result on the 461 at which point I can provide income again for us.

Now, I've searched the forum for recent cases claiming hardship but have not found any sort of insight as to what 'hardship' conditions actually mean. We've already done the calculations and by just living we may stretch it to 6 months (including the 651 time). She started a new job as well that has a 6 month probation time and conditions that can cancel her contract if she loses her licence as she is bound to having a vehicle for her job (for which we closed a loan as well).

My MA could not give a clear answer as to what hardship was. At least not a clear enough answer to put my mind at ease as I find myself extremely stressed at the moment.

My question would be as to what types of circumstances you found yourself in to actually get working rights on the BVA or if any was revoked. It is not so much solid legal advice that I am seeking but more peace of mind whilst going through this process.

Thanks in advance lovely people.

D.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.