Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone had an immigration decision overturned by the immigration at all??

732 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Myla0704 
#1 ·
Hi - just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the immigration overturning their own decision based on their CO misinterpreting the legislation?

I rang the immigration call centre twice, spoke to 2 different officers - both agreed that I can sponsor my sister (MAIN applicant) and my brother-in-law (secondary applicant). But a CO just saw the word "in-law" and denied my brother-in-law's visa ignoring the information on form 1149, on the online application form, marriage certificate etc. Another CO granted my sister a visa....

I know "in-laws" on their own as MAIN applicants cannot be sponsored..

The call centre told me to email or write to the processing centre and wait 7 days for a response as the wait for new sponsored application is about 63 days. Apparently, the immigration processing centre "might" overturn their decision. What is the likelihood of this in the real world?

I have drafted a letter anyhow and will send. I want to know if this is a waste of time and whether I should go ahead with lodging a new application form 'now' with the same information and attaching my letter to the processing centre as my rebuttal for the refusal?

Anybody please? :)

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.