Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, am Amritpal kaur. I am pregnant and due date is 12november 2017. I will go back to india to drop my baby with his grandparents. I want to know that is it necessary for baby to have visa and passport. If yes, then in how many days i can apply his passport and travel to india?????

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
A Visa for Australia or for India?

Your child I assume may qualify for a Indian passport or may be able to be attached to yours (not recommended). They may qualify for another passport but that is impossible to tell from information given.

It would not be advised to make any travel plans till after birth so see how you and the baby are. My first born got a little tied up and spent a good week in ICU, my second had like an asthma a week or so after birth and went a green grey colour in my arms in the hospital (had they turned the oxy bottle on that would not have happened). 5 months later when we were relocating back to Australia she got sick again and the hospital issued a travel ban till she recovered - luckily that was only a 4 day delay and the airline did not charge for any changes due the travel ban.

Traveling a long way with a new born is not easy or any sort of fun for you, them or others.

What will the child's status be at birth?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you mean by status??? And i want to know that from where i will get my baby's birth certificate???? From hospital or any other place

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Lots depends on the father of the child - will it be illegal at birth and require an Australian visa or does the child have other options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.