Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friends and family are having problems trying to use and print out form 888.

They try to edit it and it doesn't work. They try to print it and there are lines running through the words. I am trying to help them. I know they are supposed to be the lines under the words, but due to the font size (which I can't change) the line starts under the words and then starts running through the words.

What is happening???? :mad:

How can we print without the lines?

I've searched the net and it seems like no one else has had this issue.

Can someone help us please?

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts

They try to edit it and it doesn't work. They try to print it and there are lines running through the words. I am trying to help them. I know they are supposed to be the lines under the words, but due to the font size (which I can't change) the line starts under the words and then starts running through the words.

Hi,

What we did was printed the form and hand filled it. not sure whether the same would have happened if we filled on the computer and tried to print it. might be better to fill it by hand. my reply is not much help. wait a little and see whether anyone else got any other ideas.

cheers

·
Registered
391 Posts
We had issues with the saving but not the printing. After you download it and write in it make sure save as a new file name and then try printing? I submitted a mix of hand written and typed, didn't seem to cause a problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I tried saving it with another name. Didn't work.

Tried opening it with another program. Didn't work.

Shouldn't the people at immigration know about this?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Had the exact same issue.

This is probably not the best advice - but we just submitted the PDF files my family sent us with the lines through all the text. It looked shocking, but it was readable.

The effort and time my brother, Mum and sister in law put into doing it for us and getting their passports all certified with the form made me feel really bad to ask them to do it all again, so we submitted it even though we felt a bit hesitant (believe me, we were so incredibly thorough with our application, bordering on the line of extreme OCD).

To summarise - I submitted all three 888’s with the semi-dodgy line through text dealio and my app was granted in less than 2 months.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
They can always just write them out if it bothers you that much.

I wouldn't try saving and typing it. I would open the file with a different app (you can open pdfs in browsers, in Acrobat, Google docs, other pdf viewers, etc) and type and print directly without saving at all.

I don't know how our friends and family did it but none of the 4 people had any issues with the form.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

What is happening????

We didn't use the actual form 888. For each person that completed one for us, they wrote their own Queensland state stat dec. (Try saying that three times fast!) That said, we followed the questions on the 888, but used a government template.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My other friend had no problem, but my mum and brother have. They're retyping it again and if it fails, I guess there's no choice but to send it with the lines through it. I have already gone beyond what I should have, but if it's all explained and everything has proof then it should be easy for the case manager to make a decision.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Queensland state stat dec, Queensland state stat dec, Queensland state stat dec. and I'm back in Kansas.

Just submit with the lines thru it, as long as it's legible. If you are worried tell them to use a library, different operating systems and different versions play hell with these forms. Hence why it worked for one person and not the other.

Ask your other friend to print your mum and brothers for you ;).

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

The Department forms can be a pain across different platforms and applications.

Best bet is to open the form in Adobe, print out a number of blank forms, fill them out by hand and scan the signed and certified form together with certified ID.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just giving an update, because others have had problems with editing form 888. I tried a program Foxit and it works!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.