Australia Forum banner

Health Check for Partner Visa

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  vinil 
#1 · (Edited)
blah blah blah blah blah

#3 ·
Hey Guys

I want to confirm about getting a health check, is it just for my spouse or do I (the sponsor) also need to get a health check?

Also, do I need to get the health check before or after I submit the visa application?
Hi - have a look at 'My Health Declarations' on the IMMI website - it is for people who want to do a health check before lodging a visa, but also has Q&A's about who should use it, who shouldnt etc. Might help eliminate one option or the other. Wont let me post a link - sorry!

#4 ·
I recently submitted the 309/100 application for my wife. I was advised by immigration in Dubai not to do the health checks before submitting the application. They said once a Case officer is assigned they will advise if required. Yesterday I received the email saying its required (medical check up, Chest Xray and HIV test). They also issued an eMdical referral letter and HAP ID number so the doctor can submit the results on line.

#7 ·
309 dubai

Dear Tlander

Did you apply online or by paper.. even I am in the same boat as you as I have applied online from Dubai... could you share your timelines with me.. you can PM me if you need any update from my side.

Thanks in advance

Vinil

#6 ·
Sponsors NEVER need a health check. They normally don't need police checks either - only if there is a minor child also in the application who is not the sponsor's biological child (usually a child from a previous relationship of the applicant's).

#8 ·
Hi Vinil,

I applied by paper. It was submitted to VFS Global - Kuwait, They then forwarded it to Dubai. It was submitted 04 feb 2015.

Dubai then contacted me 15 Feb 2015 requesting Medical checks and the police certificates.

I replied on the 16 Feb and 23 Feb to clarify if the police check from Romania was required (my wife has only spent 8 months out of the last 10 years there) via email to immigration.dubai@dfat.gov.au.

As of today, I still have not received a reply.

Ted

#13 ·
Dear Tlander

Thanks... mine was Online DOL 27/01/2015... I got request for Biometrics on the same day with the acknowledgment but nothing after that... I am yet to do my medicals and PCC... waiting for the CO to ask for the same... Hoping to get my Visa at least by end of this year... Since my country of Origin is India (High Risk)...

Regards,

Vinil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.