Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question.

After an 11 month wait, my Fiance was FINALLY granted his Prospective Marriage Visa! HOORAH! We are sooooo excited!

Now I am trying to figure out what Health Insurance I can organise for him as he it not able to access Medicare until we get marriage and apply for the the Partner Visa.

Has anyone been in the same situation and can point me in the right direction? Many health insurance companies (like BUPA) only provide cover for other types of visas (457, 600 etc) but not for subclass 300.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Check your credit cards, they often give free cover for 3,6 or 12 months if you buy the plane ticket with the card.

BUPA does but expensive @ $170 per month but not cover much - is what we used on PMV.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Have you checked out Medibank.

We never bothered with insurance though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
To cover my first 60 days in Australia before my 820/801 application I got "migrant insurance", which was like travel insurance but without the requirement to return to my home country to make claims.

It covered me for flights, medical, loss of possessions, all the usual travel insurance stuff.

For ref, company called "Go Walkabout". I didn't ever make a claim so I can't promise they're an good, though...

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Bupa and other insurers will provide any level of coverage you want to pay for. They will typically highlight coverage that complies with specific visas, e.g. 457, student visas, etc. where coverage is required as a condition of the visa. For other visa holders, eg. 300, 820, etc. you can have any type of coverage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.