Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am in West Africa with very little access to the net, hence I am asking for some advice on health insurance for 600 visa. My husband and I are applying for a partner visa and a tourist visa family sponsored stream to spend some months in Australia while we are waiting for the PV to be processed. I know health insurance is not always required but I know it will help in this case, visas for West Africans are very tricky. Money is very tight, so I am looking for good value but also some won't refund if you don't get your visa. It's phenomenally expensive, has anyone found a good company? He is a nonsmoker non drinker around 32 years of age.He may need to go tothe doctor at somepoint and may need medicine but my doctor bulk bills and will see him,so cover for medication and gp visits would be great. Otherwise we are hoping nothing goes wrong,as we all do!
Sorry to ask here, but it is a nightmare trying to navigate and research on the web here, even basic typing is a challenge!
I hope someone can help me, thanks in advance and thanks for reading, Molly

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that. The last time I did this I bought the friend travelling HIF insurance and I think the time before it was medibank. They are all so expensive! If anyone else is looking always ask if they refund in case it's needed, I noticed some keep one or two months worth as admin fee even if you cancel before the start date.

·
Registered
368 Posts
We always used Medibank and they would always give a refund on the portion that was not used. They cost a bit more but they do cover GP visits.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
See if you credit card covers you for travel insurance, A number do if you buy airline ticket with credit card.

If so have him included on your credit card and quote a airline ticket for him with that and get "free" travel insurance for him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a really good idea but I don't think I can include him from here I would probably have to be near my bank. But I will email them and ask. I think he'd have to sign something perhaps, or at least I would.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goodness that's crazy I'm a pensioner! The cost I've v looked at was petty expensive for me at around $120 a month. But a are good though I think but they are one of the ones that don't refund first month or so. We are hoping for eight months visa so I can come home for medical treatment. Maybe I should get family cover. I'm not really site how it works for citizens and non citizens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.