Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have lodged my 176 GSM visa application online on 22 Nov 2009, when I check my Application Status page it states that:
Person 1 Date of birth:
09/12/2009 Health requirements outstanding
22/11/2009 Medical examination required
22/11/2009 Chest X-Ray report required
22/11/2009 Chest X-Ray film required
22/11/2009 HIV blood test required
Person 2 Date of birth:
09/12/2009 Health requirements outstanding
22/11/2009 Medical examination required
22/11/2009 Chest X-Ray report required
22/11/2009 Chest X-Ray film required
22/11/2009 HIV blood test required

Any one can give me advise whether I and my spouse have to take all medical examinations including x-ray now or wait until instructed to do so.

How long does it usually take to get information about CO?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Some people do get health and police checks done to submit with their applications which is called frontloading by some or on reading the online status think because something is showing as required or outstanding, they need to do it.

It is however just a status and will obviously show that way until you've done it and sometimes even when you've done it for your file records may not be ammended until someone looks at it and even then updating the records is a manual function.

You can run into problems in doing medical/police checks early as they have a nominal 12 months validity and with current visa processing, unless people have a higher priority visa it could take far longer than 12 months to be processed.

You should have a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf to get an idea of processing times and a review has been underway in recent months with an announcement expected either in next week or eaerly in the new year.

I'd recommend that people follow the Application/Checklist instructions and for offshore visa applications, it usually says do not do medicals or police checks until requested to do so by a Case Officer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wanderer, your advise is really helpful. Do you have any idea how long for the allocation of a Case Officer. I have my sponsorship from VIC however they said that my occupation is currently on the off list in VIC State's occupation list.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If your occupation is not on the CSL, it could be quite a while.
Have a look at the priority processing FAQ info in sticky #5 at top of page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.