Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in a long distance relationship with a girl from Australia for a while now, and once we're finished with Uni we're intending for me to move from Scotland to Australia. I'm looking into the ins and outs just now because forewarned is forearmed and all that! I've been browsing the forum for about a month now and it's very helpful, making me a little nervous but I have to deal with it sometime huh?

Anyway, I appreciate any help I can get and hopefully once I become a little more experienced in the ways of these visas I hope I can contribute somewhat too. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Start compiling evidence of your relationship now. I'm like you and not planning the move until mid next year. I've started a little file with stuff like shared shopping receipts, itemised phone bills, screen captures of Skype/ messaging. Good luck. Keep in touch!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey charm. I've been doing just what you said lately too. Although I have a question, what shopping receipts are you keeping if you haven't moved and the two of you aren't currently physically together?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hi Snow,

Jumping in here, but in our case we submitted any receipts that showed both our names, opened a joint bank account in Australia, travel receipts for trips we took together, emails, skype stuff for when we were apart, birthday cards etc. photo copies of boxes that were sent by my husband from Australia to here in the USA. 5.8 pounds of forms and evidence.

·
Registered
41 Posts
From times we have been together so far. My boyfriends been here for two month long stretches. So groceries shopping. Days out for both of us that show card details. Also Brody's bank statement labelling transactions that were when he paid for petrol, meals out, cinema tickets. Etc etc.... Hope that helps. X

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kttykat and Charm. That's really helpful. My girlfriend and I have both got a little stash of things like receipts, tickets from days out we've had together as well as some postage stuff that I'm sure won't hurt to add. I'm feeling a lot more confident about my application now as I seem to at least be thinking on the same wavelength as you all. Thanks again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you guys think Skype screenshots will be enough without chat logs? Obviously we prefer talking to typing but I was wondering if this would affect our evidence negatively. Obviously I'd take the screenshots with the call duration showing, so that at least shows we're talking for a long time but?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've put a couple of Skype screen captures in with date showing. Can't hurt. I still reckon these sort of things only really back up more official type things like joint accounts, receipts etc but I figure the more evidence the merrier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.