Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to introduce myself. I am new to this forum.
I am croatian citizen,living in Croatia who is married to australian. He is there.
I applied for spouse visa, subclass 309.
I have lodged my application to Aust.Embassy in Zagreb, 12 February 2009.
Than application with required documents was sent to Berlin,they recived them 26 of February 2009.
06 March I recived confirmation of the receipt of the application.
23 of April I have recived e-mail from my CO to attend medical and x-ray.
Did that on 28 of April 2009.
Medical results were sent 05 of May to Belin.
The interview will be on 25 of May 2009.
I think that procedure is different for every country. I would appreciate if someone know anyone from Croatia who's been trough same process, that may give me some details.
Is it possible that I recive reply from Berlin in June about their decision?
What about passport? Nobody told me what with it.

I alreday pack my things and waiting for final decision.
Its hard being apart form husband.

By

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think you are our first forum member from Croatia. I am not sure if Croatia is considered to be a high or low risk country.

If you look in the visa timeline thread you should get some idea as to how long before your application is approved. It would be helpful if you added your details there too.

Also see the thread on what questions were asked in the interview If you could also add to this later it would be extremely helpful for others here going through the same process.

Good luck with everything and keep us updated!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Yes Zrina24, welcome to the forum and hopefully before too long you can make plans for Australia.

I see Belle20 has answered your post on her thread very well with links re time taken, and interview.

Generally speaking, the interviews are very straightforward and only as Belle has indicated to cover what is in the application, maybe ask something related etc., but nothing to be nervous about or fear and just answer honestly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for yours replies!

Mike I put my details to visa timeline thread.

I read interview question, which were written by belle20.

After my interview I will put some other details. Maybe I will know something more next Money!!!!

I can't wait to get that visa so I could be with my husband. He don't have any holiday left until September :( and I am still working here.

I will keep you updated!!!
By!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Definitely don't be nervous!!
My boyfriend was very nervous and at the end he said "oh, that was easy!"

Re the passport - I presume you mean getting the visa put in it?
When our CO emailed us on Tuesday he then said we need to send him my boyfriends passport (with 5 euro so he can send it back.) Very straight forward.

Good luck with the interview, you will be fine!!!
If you have copies of the sponsor and applicant forms just go over them for practice and have your case number ready at the beginning of the interview (as they ask for it as proof!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again!

Yesterday I had my interview and it passed well, my CO said that.

I wasn't nervous, we were speaking for about 30 minutes.

I was asked questions about me and my husband, when,where and how we met, how we are in contact with each other now when we are apart, why we decided to get married and similar questions,generally arised from forms 40SP and 47SP.

Now I must wait for my medical to get back from Sydney, and after that I can expect decision. My CO could't tell me how long I must wait for that, maybe 6 weeks, but could be less :(

Regards

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on passing another milestone in the process! (make sure to add your interview questions in the sticky thread at the top :))

My visa was approved 3½ weeks after my medical was received by the Australian High Commission here in Canada so hopefully it won't be long for you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.