Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and I've decided recently to move to Australia. I've been reading a lot of information in the past several weeks and now when I am finally ready to start I still have some questions.
When aplying for ACS assessment I have to provide reference letters from my previous jobs. But I cannot get all of them because two of the companies were closed. How should i proceed with this? Should i contact my ex-managers to write one for me, event if it won't be on the company's letter head or should i better write a stattutory declaration?
Secondly, I started styding around 15 years ago and finished my 5 year education but I didn't write my thesis at that point. I finally did it several months ago and now I have my masters degree. Does this mean that I don't have my 10 years working experience as a Software Programmer counting toward working experience, according to this statement?
We only count work experience 'post-qualifcation' toward the minimum work experience requirement. You should still include any 'pre-qualification' work experience on your resume for industry assessment purposes.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It is going to be post qualification award experience as far as a visa application goes but the ACS do make provision for doing assessments where people do not have a qualification or not the purely IT type, so perhaps you can still get an assessment from them.
Have a close read of their FAQ for they have details there re the various assessment requirements and also re what is expected where companies have closed etc.
You will need to do something similar when making a visa application and there is some information re experience within visa eligibility section links.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.