Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I am 26 years old, from Canada, and have been dating my boyfriend, an Australian, for over 3 years. He has lived and worked in Canada (where we met) for 2 years, then we both moved to Australia where I worked for 6 months. We are now back in Canada and wanting to settle down. He would like to go back to school in Australia so we are looking at going back in the New Year. I would like to be able to go back and work full time while he is in school to support us. Previously when I was in Australia in 2011 I was restricted from working at any one place of employment for longer than 6 months. I have a job to go back to, but it is a not for profit shelter and they can not offer to sponsor me.
I am currently researching about my options for working Visas. We would like to get married in Canada before we return to Australia but I am not sure if that makes things easier or incurs a more labour intensive process of paper work (and $$$$) to go for a spousal visa. Any opinions and advice is appreciated!
My boyfriend will be taking a 3 year Uni course and we will most likely move back to Vancouver when it finishes as there are more jobs for his line of work in Canada. I can't wait to get back and see my Aussie family (just hoping I don't melt)!

Cheers!
Kimberley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.