Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Ghiwa.

I m an australian citizen but i live outside australia with my husband.we have applied for my husband a visa application. We applied our application on 17 december 2016. He got his 309 visa on 5 april 2017. We are still outside australia and we are going soon. But i need to know how is the permanent visa calculated? Do we have to wait 2 years after the 309 visa was granted? Or the petmanent visa is after 2 years we lodged the 309 visa application? Plz i need help cz we dont want to wait so long for the permanent visa

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hello Ghiwa,

This link might help you clarify https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). You lodge only one application for your temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge. Your application is processed in two stages, about two years apart.
You must be outside Australia when you apply and also when the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is granted. You can be in or outside Australia when Partner visa (subclass 100) is granted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.