Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Irish fella here, going to be moving to the Beautiful natural state of Tasmania (soon I hope :) always thought Oz was a pretty cool country, natural, young and fun. Love Aussie accents and all those cheeky girls and Boggs beer. I fell in love with a Tassie girl and now I'm off to live there and God willing have wee Tasmanians :) to populate the new Tassie AFL team. I can't wait to go watch my first proper AFL match, I adore Gaelic footy and the two games are quite alike.
Oh and I don't like the Rain and Cold, as being an ex soldier I spent many cold and wet nights outside, bring on the Aussie summer for me. :D

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Yep, Tassie can be a bit cold and wet, perhaps not quite as bad as Ireland.
But north, up around Launceston and north east [wilderness] or upper east coast is milder, great crayfishing country apparently.

Depending on what you plan on doing for a crust [work] you may want to consider Melbourne/Victoria, just a short cheap flight away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm moving to the North West Coast.
I'm going to be starting a nursing degree in Lunceston in Feb next so I'll just get a part time up until that starts and just chillax and settle in.
My girl and I have started to build in Burnie, a tiny wee city of 20,000 but it's very pretty and well serviced. Melbourne seems like an amazing city and is only an hours flight away so it'll be great for nice weekends.
Tas seems rather exotic compared to Irish weather, last year we had one full week of summer sun and that was it. It's so cold and wet here in the Winter, so moving over to Tas was an easy choice.
I'd love to join the Army Reserve after I'm a resident, I think it's important to give something back to your community and it would be an honour to serve Australia and the Australian people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.