Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Premium Member
8,885 Posts
What reason did they give for your refusal? I'd contact a MARA-registered agent, and then depending on the reason for the refusal (i.e., if you can prove they were incorrect in what they said with evidence) I'd either go forward with appealing at MRT, or collect additional evidence and re-apply if you think you don't have a case for MRT.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reason was we couldn't supply NADRA marriage registration certificate. Nikah Nama was ignored and DIBP told us we are not legally married.
We advised DIBP that we have taken out a court decree against Secretary of Union Council. We were hoping DIBP would wait a couple of extra weeks until the court case was finished and we received our MRC.
What other visa are you suggesting we can take out.

· Premium Member
10,516 Posts
Sorry to hear about your refusal. You could go a pmv since you aren't legally married. A nikah nama is not a legal marriage unless you register it ... without registration it is a religious marriage only.

· Registered
569 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry for you guys! I really am! That really was a pretty rotten thing to do when you had a court case pending - they could have waited a few more weeks.

I'm sending you guys lots of strength vibes to help you through this :(

Reactions: itishreee

· Registered
75 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that pollygoh. Can't believe that you were unable to get a Marriage Registration Certificate which became the cause of refusal. Gosh, I'm lost for words here! I really feel for you :(

· Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for your support boycot. And wouldn't you think DIBP could wait just another week or so until the court case went through?
Yes I fancy they could have waited. Tell me, when did they ask you for Nadra marriage certificate?

On the other hand they could've thought why didn't you apply in court before hand, why at the very last minute? when you were unable to get that certificate through normal means?

Just my thought on it.

Reactions: Dinkum

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The NADRA certificate was requested a couple of months after our marriage. Our migration agent believed our letter, detailing problems trying to get the MRC, was sufficient. We spent about $2,000-$3,000 AUD over a period of six months, attempting to get the certificate.
We are taking the secretary UC to court. He has refused to attend court twice now, and it is looking like he will refuse to turn up for the third court order.
The charge is attempted bribery and refusing to register our marriage with NADRA. If he doesn't turn up for the third court order, we will win the case, and our marriage will be registered with NADRA.

· Registered
75 Posts
The NADRA certificate was requested a couple of months after our marriage. Our migration agent believed our letter, detailing problems trying to get the MRC, was sufficient. We spent about $2,000-$3,000 AUD over a period of six months, attempting to get the certificate.
We are taking the secretary UC to court. He has refused to attend court twice now, and it is looking like he will refuse to turn up for the third court order.
The charge is attempted bribery and refusing to register our marriage with NADRA. If he doesn't turn up for the third court order, we will win the case, and our marriage will be registered with NADRA.
3 grand is absolutely terrible and that too for just a certificate which is only PKR 1500 (only $15 Australian dollars). I'm informing you of such fee as per my experience in January 2014 which is very recent. You should have taken him to court the very next day when he asked you more money. How could you get sucked into it? That greedy man has not only mislead you but also taken 6 grands off you (visa and certificate expenses all inclusive).

And we didn't receive any acknowledgement or comment from DIBP about the letter. So we were in the dark about the acceptance of that, until the last minute, when we received a tip off.
DIBP is like weather. You can't predict. It's just unfortunate that you're on the receiving end of such terrible incident and such terrible outcome. I really really feel for you.

Tell you what, it's been only a couple of months since I'm apart from my better half, it's very daunting and I can't begin to imagine how you must feel right now. I have no words for you. I hope you win the case and DIBP accepts your appeal (if it is possible to appeal).

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We didn't know anything about marriage in Pakistan and certificates.
We were told later on by brother-in-law that this man is bribing everyone who needs a marriage registration certificate. We refused to pay what he demanded because he was greedy.
Yes we are making an appeal. We will go to the Migration Review Tribunal, which unfortunately can be another 18 months.
Being separated from husband is hell. I am lucky I can go over there to visit him.
Thank you for your wishes.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.