Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

It is me again.I am now back in this website for visa advice! :) The last time i was here was last year when i first applied for my 1st tourist visa.It was approved and i was able to travel to meet my fiance's friends, parents and relatives for 3 weeks. Since it was single entry, i reapply again and got approved for a multiple entry to Australia for a year! I already visited for the second time last December.

And here goes my question...

My fiance and i have been engaged for a few months now and we planned to wed here in the Philippines first this February. People have been telling me to just get married in AUS but i insisted to do it in Manila to honor my family and friends. We will have another wedding in June for his part of the family.

We decided to apply onshore partner visa (while on tourist visa) when we arrive back to AUS in March after our Philippine wedding. My crucial questions are :

1.Since we are already married in PH by the time we arrive in Australia, do we still need to have another Australian wedding officiated by an Australian celebrant or will our marriage certificate be sufficient for our visa application?

2.Since i will come to Australia in tourist visa ( i dont have NFS condition in my tourist visa, thank God!) , do i have to wait for my tourist visa to expire before my bridging visa is valid? We are planning to lodge our application on the first 3 months in Australia. We also plan to have a joint account as soon as we arrive. We tried applying here in PH but apparently, a foreigner is not allowed to own a bank account here unless they have permanent visa here.

Other than that, i do not have any other question. I have read a lot of forums and comments about it already but just need a few more clarifications.

thank you in advance for your respond!
26 days to go until our wedding day!

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
We also plan to have a joint account as soon as we arrive. We tried applying here in PH but apparently, a foreigner is not allowed to own a bank account here unless they have permanent visa here.
The PSB do accounts for a foreigner on a visitor visa. Most of the other banks didn't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.