Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help.
I just received a feedback from Engineer Australia. The message is below:

We have identified that one or more of your carrer episodes have been copied -either from the internet sources, publications or career episodes submitted to Engineers Australia. This means that your CDR declaration that the report is "all your own work" is not correct and does not demonstrate a commitment to ethical conduct ang professional accountability.

The projects thatIhave worked with where required to be published in our company website.

What should I do?
Can I asked the assessor what specific career eposodes has plagiarism?
I actually used my own words however, there are a few technical terms that might have been in the internet.
Am I also allowed to revise my career episodes.

Any feedback would be of great help.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To OP,

ACS reduces 4-5 years from total work experience of applicants. Hence, the relevant work years for your case would be 4 years (after Dec 2009).

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Please help.
I just received a feedback from Engineer Australia. The message is below:

We have identified that one or more of your carrer episodes have been copied -either from the internet sources, publications or career episodes submitted to Engineers Australia. This means that your CDR declaration that the report is "all your own work" is not correct and does not demonstrate a commitment to ethical conduct ang professional accountability.

The projects thatIhave worked with where required to be published in our company website.

What should I do?
Can I asked the assessor what specific career eposodes has plagiarism?
I actually used my own words however, there are a few technical terms that might have been in the internet.
Am I also allowed to revise my career episodes.

Any feedback would be of great help.

Many thanks.
So did you commit plagiarism or copy and paste stuff from the Internet ? Hopefully you didn't use one of those dodgy CDR agencies?If not, and you have a genuine explanation of what may have happened, provide the evidence and a detailed explanation.

I am not saying this applies to you, but I wonder sometimes how some of those engineering degrees are obtained in the first place? If you can't write a CDR, how will you be able to write technical reports and the like?

I am glad that Engineers Australia is committed to rooting out unethical and unprofessional behaviour. The last thing we need is engineers with fake degrees...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.