Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm Turkish my girlfriend Colombian how can I bring her to Sydney again

Hello everyone. Firstly I'll explain my situation. I'm studying in Australia Sydney. I've got a student visa I've been in Sydney for 15 month. I still have 2 years visa. 13 months ago I met with my girlfriend. She is from Colombia and I'm from Turkey. We are together since 1 year. But she went to her country Colombia 3 weeks ago. We wanna be together In Sydney until my visa finish. So which way we can follow for bring her to Sydney. We have holiday tickets ( flights and hotels) we have lots of picture and messages. Lots of friends knows that we are together. But we didn't live in the same house I mean we were always together but sometimes in my house sometimes in her house. I don't know what can I do? Thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well are you an Australian citizen or perm residence? Or just a student on a temporary visa?

I don't think you are able to apply for a visa for your girlfriend to come to Australia as you're not a citizen nor resident here.

I'm not an expert so maybe someone else can chime in here.

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
You may want to try and add her onto your student visa as your defacto partner, but be prepared to provide plenty of evidence of your relationship including proof of living together for at least 6 months (12 months better). The key is that if you want to hold yourselves out as defacto partners to DIBP, you will need to prove with evidence that you are more than boyfriend/girlfriend, because bf/gf doesn't qualify as a defacto relationship in order to add her onto your student visa.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I get engaged from here before apply. And I'm just student visa holder and I can get some letters from owner of house for both

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would suggest getting eganged as soon as you can. Keep all your evidence and have your friends write letters of support. Have everything ready and be organised.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
If I get engaged from here before apply. And I'm just student visa holder and I can get some letters from owner of house for both
Getting engaged is not going to change your visa application. You are still going to have to provide the same amount of evidence to prove you're in a de facto relationship with her, in order to add her to your student visa.

Reactions: plaz
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.