Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

A bit about me...
I’m a 23 F in a defacto relationship with my partner I’m on a Bridging visa waiting for my 820 (temporary) approval any time now.
I’m liable to lodge my PM 801 visa in April 2019.

I paid my migration agent $10,865 back in December 2016 to lodge my visa to stay on a spouse visa (onshore) when my WHV ended (April 2017) this is all fine, that included $6850 for the visa fee at the time. And $4000 for migration agent.

Now the other day they mentioned I’m up for more fees in April for the lodgement of my PM half of my visa, could this be correct? Read all documents that were sent to me nothing mentioning more fees at PM stage.

I feel like 4K is already a lot of money to do this, never mind another amount of money.

I’ve emailed them but now I’m terrified I’m being ripped off.

What do you all think? Has anyone here had a similar thing happen? How did you all pay for you Migration Agent?

Thanks
I look forward to your replies.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
In some cases permanent residence is granted straight away and in other cases the relationship does not survive for two years, in which cases there is no second stage to be managed.

With the above in mind, I do not initially quote clients for the second stage, but I let them know that immi will not require a further payment and I shall bill them $396,including GST for managing their second stage.

If I did not manage the first stage there is extra work to be done and I charge $1200, including GST, to manage the second stage.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
You’re not being ripped off. Like many of my colleagues I only quote and charge for the initial application. The reason being that sometimes no separate stage 2 paperwork is required, people may want to do it themselves, people can no longer be contacted or the relationship has broken down in the meantime.

If an existing client asks me to do the stage 2 for them, I offer them a reduced fee. My contract stipulates exactly what is included and clearly excludes the stage 2. Your contract should have something similar in it.

Reactions: wrussell
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.