Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi good people!

I've applied for a Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (820/801) on July 2015. I've just saw this in the immiaccount:

Health assessment for Olaondo, Felipe (19 Oct 1990)
Examinations required

This person is required to complete health examinations for this visa application. Click on the link below to organise these health examinations.
Organise health examinations.
help
Once this person's health examinations results have been assessed by the department this page will be updated to reflect this.
Note: If this person does not complete the required health examinations the visa application can be refused.

I remember that when I applied and attached docs I put my HAP ID Number because I did some medical examinations before coming to australia to get a working holiday visa.

I thought that would be enough but now I saw this and I'm wondering...what should I do???? Im close to Gold Coast at the moment...is there any doctor I could go here or in Brisbane??? Any clue of how much it may cost? In the referral letter says that an HIV TEST, Chest X-RAY, and medical examination are required in my case...

thanks to all!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are you in Australia? Tourist visa?
There should be a list in the immigration site of agencies where you can go get them done!
Hi, I'm in Australia now on a Bridging Visa (had working holiday before)...I've seen there's a list but the offices says that they do some services and some others not, I'm not sure of what I'm supposed to do, or how much could it cost that's why I'm asking in this forum to see if someone can explain me more 'humanly' than immi web page!! thanks!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Hi, I'm in Australia now on a Bridging Visa (had working holiday before)...I've seen there's a list but the offices says that they do some services and some others not, I'm not sure of what I'm supposed to do, or how much could it cost that's why I'm asking in this forum to see if someone can explain me more 'humanly' than immi web page!! thanks!
I had that notification and did the medical questionnaire that I accessed through my immi menu online. After the questionnaire, it gave me the form with HAP IDs and a link to approved doctors. I remember there being a link for doctors if you're in Oz, but didn't bother checking it as I was in the US. I'm sure one of the docs do all of those... My US doc did the exam and HIV bloodwork, then sent me just up the road to a separate business for my chest xray, but I got it all done within a couple of hours.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You'll need to do the test at a Bupa Visa Medical Centre if you're in Australia. If you google that, it should bring up what you need. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'll need to do the test at a Bupa Visa Medical Centre if you're in Australia. If you google that, it should bring up what you need. :)
Ok, that's been very helpful...any recommendations about if I should wait until some Case Officer contacts me or do it right now?? It's been 8 months since I applied.

Also, would I be able to make any cheaper if I have my medicare card?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, that's been very helpful...any recommendations about if I should wait until some Case Officer contacts me or do it right now?? It's been 8 months since I applied.

Also, would I be able to make any cheaper if I have my medicare card?

Thanks
Nope, everyone pays the same, Medicare or health insurance don't count towards. it's about $320/340? I did mine 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi!

I'm planning on doing my health examination soon as I applied for Partner visa 820 about 5 months ago. I have to say I'm a little confused. I was looking on Immi's website to fin out what medical centres are approved (the link in the actual application only shows medical centres abroad??), and I stumbled upon this site:

Health examinations

From what I understand it seems like partner visa applicants from the specified countries don't need to go through health checks - does anyone know if this is new rules or just completely misleading information?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hi!

I'm planning on doing my health examination soon as I applied for Partner visa 820 about 5 months ago. I have to say I'm a little confused. I was looking on Immi's website to fin out what medical centres are approved (the link in the actual application only shows medical centres abroad??), and I stumbled upon this site:

Health examinations

From what I understand it seems like partner visa applicants from the specified countries don't need to go through health checks - does anyone know if this is new rules or just completely misleading information?
I think if you're applying for a permanent visa (even if you've applied for a temporary partner visa first) you will need to do the standard x-ray, medical examination and HIV test. Not 100% sure but that's my understanding.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think if you're applying for a permanent visa (even if you've applied for a temporary partner visa first) you will need to do the standard x-ray, medical examination and HIV test. Not 100% sure but that's my understanding.
Oh of course, i clicked on "temporary visa", silly me. You're right, thanks :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.