Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am asking for a friend as situation is quite devastating. My friend was together with her Australian partner and they where about to apply for a visa and then she fell pregnant and the guy at first was very happy about it and after 3 months just before they where about to apply for the visa he told her that he doesnt want to be with her anymore and be involved in taking any responsibility over their child as he already have one... She then turned up to my doorstep yesterday and was very upset and asked to stay with me until she finds a place to stay. She is from Brazil and currently on Student visa she doesn't have anything really left in Brazil as she has been in Australia for last 4 years studying. I can help her out as much as i can but i cant also get myself stuck in this situation as i have quite full house and my own problems and therefore I am looking some answers as to.. Is there any service where she could call to get some information as what her options are ? is the dad still responsible supporting her while she is pregnant as she cant look after herself having no medicare and as a student being able to work only small hours. I would like to give her some information so she can find out her options etc. Thank you for everyone's help.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Google "women's help groups"

There are many around. They should head her in the right direction.

I don't think the father has any responsibilities while she is pregnant but will once the child is born, to the child but not the mother (child support).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.