Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Wanderer,

I have studied Diploma in Mechatronics & had worked as automation engineering assistant for 4 yrs.
During these 4 years of working, I had taken up part time course Btech. in Electronics & had completed.
Since my Bachelors completion, I have 5 months of working exp as Electrical design engineer. This job mainly involves designing controls & automation of systems, which is closely relevant to my diploma work experience.

So, If I were to apply for skilled migrant visa, should I apply based on my diploma cert & exp or Bachelors cert & exp. One of the criteria i had learnt is that one should have atleast 1 yr of post bachelors experience in order to apply as engineer.

I had spoken to few migration agents. Some said I could apply with diploma/ relevant work experience whereas few of them said I lack post bachelors experience & my chances is less. Alternatively, they wanted to apply for temp graduate visa to enter Aus & to move forward from there on. I personally think it is risk coming in with temp visa.

Can U kindly suggest me what I should?
Should I wait for July migration rule changes to take place or
I should apply for skilled migrant visa(with dip cert/work exp or bachelors cert/work exp) before july or
I should proceed with my temp graduate visa?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The first thing you really need to do is to get an assessment for an occupation on the SOL #3 or SOL#4 if you want to consider a state sponsorship.
My thought is that you would be more likely to get an assessment based on a full bachelor degree rather than a diploma and then you are really channelled into using the degree/assessment and experience after that qualification.
It would seem your ammount of experience to date would see you not being ready to consider a visa application until after the changes this year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.