Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm trying to do my application now but I'm already stuck on question 11! About non-migrating family members. It asks for their passports/national identity cards. Does this mean I have to request copies of them so I can get the identity card numbers? I haven't come across this anywhere in my research for the partner visa. And I thought I was so well prepared to do everything today :p

·
Registered
774 Posts
Are these children? A spouse? I did not need passports/national identity to list my mother, sister and brothers. However, if you have non-migrating children, you will need their information.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. I wasn't sure how to interpret the question as they are a member of my family but maybe not this unit? I left them out and added them in the question after. If they need any more information I suppose they will request it.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
The online form has little question marks at many questions with explanations of what is required.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hmm. I wasn't sure how to interpret the question as they are a member of my family but maybe not this unit? I left them out and added them in the question after. If they need any more information I suppose they will request it.
I stumbled here a little bit as well. Family unit was defined (to me at least) as me, my wife and the kids. Not my siblings, parents, aunts or uncles.

As the kids were members of the non-migrating unit (and didn't have passports) all I did was include their health insurance cards as forms of identification.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.