Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

We are trying to open a joint bank account in Italy but having no luck because I'm not an Italian or European resident, whereas my partner is an Italian resident.

Has anyone had any luck opening a joint bank account in Italy or Europe without being a resident? And which bank did you use? Also what fees are involved?

Would love to hear your suggestions! :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey! So in my experience last couple of years when I lived in Italy is that you need to be a resident (have a permesso di soggiorno) to be able to open a bank account. I could be wrong but I don't think it is possible.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I cannot give advice for Italy, but I opened a joint account in Germany no problem with my fiancé (I am Australian and was able to do so on a visitor visa over there).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you're right!

Hey! So in my experience last couple of years when I lived in Italy is that you need to be a resident (have a permesso di soggiorno) to be able to open a bank account. I could be wrong but I don't think it is possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what we've read it seems to be so much easier opening an account in Germany than in Italy! :mad: What bank did you both go with?

I cannot give advice for Italy, but I opened a joint account in Germany no problem with my fiancé (I am Australian and was able to do so on a visitor visa over there).

·
Registered
345 Posts
From what we've read it seems to be so much easier opening an account in Germany than in Italy!
What bank did you both go with?

We went with VolksBank (her current bank)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.