Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am needing some advice. My partner who is Egyptian and I Australian citizen have been together just over two years. We met online through a game we played. I feel I should say we don't have a lot of money, I'm currently studying and he is in concreting. Last year we applied for a visitors visa which was denied as he could not prove that he was a valid visitor. He was to visit for a month to meet my family and children. Anyway we want to marry and I"m visiting him in July. We hope to marry there in Egypt, but I'm not sure this is the best route for us as I looked at the requirements and it scares me to be honest that we will not be able to prove our relationship because
1.We do not except money from each other as his pound is to weak against my dollar so I refuse to except any money from him and he refuses to except any money from me due to his pride.
2.All of our correspondence is done via Facebook messenger as its to expensive for us to call each other on the main line. The last time I looked it was 6.25 per minute for me to call him.
3.He is unable to send me gifts from Egypt due to ridiculous restrictions and when he was working in Zambia it cost him 120 USA to send me a few small gifts. I sent him a card once and received it 4 months later. Anything that we send has to be sent via express post which is upwards of 80 dollars from my end and as I said I'm just a student.
Our relationship is genuine its just a matter of proving it. It makes me so sad as this is our third year and all we want is to be together. But it is not looking good for us without a lot of money which seems to be the basis of being able to prove or show that you love each other and are genuine.
We will not give up. So please if you have any advise or a recommendation for a migration agent in Melbourne that I can go and see we would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Don't get married - it does not help in anyway to get a visa, but can remove another option.

You will need to plan on it costing around $10,000 AUD, certainly not much less if any.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Seems not yet Ramah - read her other post that never got a reply for some reason.

Have a read of this jabba.

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/259178-started-fom-help-post-partner-visas.html
Ah I didn't back track and read past posts!

You'll need to have met first to be able to apply for prospective marriage or partner visa.

Gifts don't matter too much, you need to demonstrate that you've combined your lives together.

As ampk said, don't rush into marriage, it won't help and it may actually hinder things (if PMV is the only option for example).

Does your partner have a skill which could get him a skilled migration visa?

You don't necessarily need an RMA in Melbourne as most will happily Skype/communicate online. Have a look at a sticky thread on this board with a list of all the RMAs who frequent this forum.

Also, ampks post is very helpful so check out the link he provided :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi,
Thank you for the replies. No we have not physically met due to his rejection of a visitors visa. I have three young children and that has been what has stopped me to travel to visit him in the past,that and we dont have a lot of money. I wanted him to meet my family and children in person but now it seems we have no choice so I will visit in July. So is the perspective marriage visa the best option for us? what do you think. Because even though in our hearts we just want to be husband and wife reality is telling us something different.No he does not have a recognized skill we have looked at that and concreting isnt one of them. To bad he isnt a hairdresser lol
Thanks

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
PMV seems about your only option then.

You would hate to know my full visa story/s it can be a rough long road, and there are many that had it much harder than me - in trying to get our partners a visa.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In fact I would love to know it as it might give us some hope. We never predicted it would be this hard and it's not that we would give up but it saddens us especially with the prices of the visas which are the most expensive in the world.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can I also say I think it's cruel that we should plan every aspect of our life together only for it to have the possibility of it being denied, hence my reluctance to face the issue head on until now

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I had a wife and 2 kids when I worked in Africa for a few years. I suddenly lost my job, but got a offer in the Maldives but it was a start date in 4 months time so we came to Australia for a holiday (my wife and 2 kids) on Visitor Visas. My wife and eldest daughter had already visited Australia once to visit my family but without me.

That was the time of the tsunami and the end of my job offer in the Maldives.

I had already got my two kids Citizenship by decent and that was very easy, fast and cheap but my wife was on a Visitor Visa with the "No Further Stay" condition.

So the first of my battles was to get a waiver of the "No Further Stay" condition and apply for a Partner Visa 820 onshore. I don't recall much of the details now but remember it included a fair bit of stress. The 820 & 801 were granted together due 5 years marriage and 2 biological kids.

Several years after she got citizenship she left me for an imaginary policeman and ended up a few months later in a mental hospital for a while. I was a single parent with 3 kids for a while.

After that relationship broke down, I befriended a person that was a friend of a friend that had sister. This sister was studying in Russia but from Africa.

There was no intent of any relationship with this person but just to see if the friend of the friend might have any interest in a relationship. Turns out they were not. But kept in contact with the person in Russia fairly often. One day she had a big breakdown mostly because of her boyfriend. So I offered to buy her a return plane ticket back to Africa. She accepted and I sent the several thousand dollars via Western Union to the African in Russia! The post man asked if I knew them!!

So this visit back to Africa went well and I got sent a few photos of her with family.

When it was time to return back to school in Russia, I got the message that she had been refused entry into Russia as she had a new passport (got renewed when she was in Africa) and the number did not match the Student Visa. She had to be deported.

They deported her and the next I hear was she was stuck in Turkey and detained before at some point being deported back to the original destination point of South Africa for the flight that arrived in Russia (South Africa is not her country a separate flight was booked to get to South Africa).

There was days of delays in Turkey so I brought her a ticket to get back to South Africa - but was not used as that turned out to be her normal departure of the deport system, but they don't tell you anything.

After South Africa the other flight to her home country was required to rectify the passport/visa issue and then the return to Russia for school. So again I did a very large Western Union transfer.

All went well and she returned to studies only one week late.

This Russian student then suggested I get in contact with her sister on FB as she is single.

I did catch up with her sister and she seemed nice, so I invited her to visit me in Australia over the Easter break and she accepted. We applied for the visitor visa I think for a week or a month and it was approved just before Easter, so I sent her the funds to buy short notice flights (thanks Immi Dept).

She turned up!

Not only that, we got on well and started a relationship.

So when this lady's work contract expired we thought it was a great time to apply for a Visitor Visa for 6 months to see how we all get along.

Visa refused!

* So I shall have a break now - but wait till the part a kid needs to be left behind in another relationship.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Can I also say I think it's cruel that we should plan every aspect of our life together only for it to have the possibility of it being denied, hence my reluctance to face the issue head on until now
If the application is compliant and the evidence correct and police and medicals cleared.

It wont be denied and if it is it can be appealed.

But you need to know your stuff!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi,
Thank you for the replies. No we have not physically met. Thanks
I think your main focus right now should be to meet the guy in person.
You want to make sure that the photos you have received via internet is actually the person standing in front of you. Internet dating can be very deceiving sometimes . Anyway, I wish you all the best

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks ampk for your replies. I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult process and I hope it all works out for you both soon.I guess i will speak with an agent and they can tell me what we should do in the way of creating solid evidence because right now all we have are a couple of receipts thousands of text messages and phone calls and in July we can add meeting in person to the list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I think your main focus right now should be to meet the guy in person.
You want to make sure that the photos you have received via internet is actually the person standing in front of you. Internet dating can be very deceiving sometimes . Anyway, I wish you all the best
Hi EDT thank you for your reply and well wishes. Yes meeting is my main focus as we can not go forward and start the process without it. I'm 110% certain that he is who he says he is as we facetime and I have seen his passport and working and army documents as I helped him fill out his visitors visa. But if I had not I do not think I could go to find out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.