Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... communication received said I need this evidence.
I already uploaded sponsors Aussie passport
Was it supposed to be certified?
He was born elsewhere
What are my options?

Provide evidence that your sponsor is an Australian Citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen.
For example, certified copy of birth certificate, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship certificate, or foreign passport containing evidence of proof of residency or for New Zealand citizens, evidence of NZ citizenship and evidence of length of residence in Australia such as certified copies of passport pages.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Maybe they missed it? I would upload it again. Does he have a citizenship certificate as well? Maybe throw that in to although the passport should have been enough.

It did not need to be certified as the website states to not upload certified copies of documents, but maybe they want to see a certified copy now?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe they missed it? I would upload it again. Does he havej a citizenship certificate as well? Maybe throw that in to although the passport should have been enough.

It did not need to be certified as the website states to not upload certified copies of documents, but maybe they want to see a certified copy now?
It is in with all our ID in a file. Perhaps I should call? Or just re-upload and email?!
I would hate to not provide what they need if it's close to decision ready.
Do you take from the post above ^^ it should be certified?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe they missed it? I would upload it again. Does he have a citizenship certificate as well? Maybe throw that in to although the passport should have been enough.

I also only uploaded the photo page - should I have included every page?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
I also only uploaded the photo page - should I have included every page?
Yes. Every page with stamps on them.

I uploaded the photo page only at first, and was asked to upload the full passport later.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It is in with all our ID in a file.
If you put all your ID documents in one file I'd wager that's why they missed it. ID docs should be uploaded individually. We only uploaded the photo pages of our passports and it was fine. I suppose if they ask for every single page you can do that, or you can do it anyway to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I concur. Identity documents (pretty much any required documents other than relationship evidence) should be uploaded individually and the file clearly labeled.

We only uploaded the book open (so two pages) on the photo and identity information page and the book open (so front and back) showing the outside of the passport. That was also uploaded into one pdf with nothing else attached.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you put all your ID documents in one file I'd wager that's why they missed it. ID docs should be uploaded individually. We only uploaded the photo pages of our passports and it was fine. I suppose if they ask for every single page you can do that, or you can do it anyway to be on the safe side.
Agreed. All identification should be individually uploaded with clear file names (eg - passport, drivers licence, birth certificate, National ID card.. etc etc).

Looks like they must have missed it. Would recommend uploading again as its own file clearly marked and should be fine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed. All identification should be individually uploaded with clear file names (eg - passport, drivers licence, birth certificate, National ID card.. etc etc).

Looks like they must have missed it. Would recommend uploading again as its own file clearly marked and should be fine.
Thank you all. I sincerely appreciate all the input.
We were very organized.
Table of contents had the name of the file that was being uploaded and they type of document that could be found under it.
The file FAMILY ID literally had the whole fam jam together and it may have been missed you are most right. All passports uploaded were just the biographical page - I am going to call at 10am to get clarity. I have 14 days to rectify this until a decision is made - no time for error! :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy Hannah....
Stressed after my recent call.
Where do I begin.
My husbands Australian Passport is not adequate proof that he is an Australian Citizen - yet we have kids and their application for Citizen by descent was approved last summer using his documents... say what?!
I am praying his family has a copy of the document we need as he was born in another country and immigrated to Australia as a toddler.
I am feeling so gutted over one shred of info that has not actually been asked for during initial lodgement of the application!
It clearly states Australian Passport which we have provided.
Where to start

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should have asked them how they think he got a passport in the first place then. smh
I actually said to her - how did my kids get granted their citizenship by descent?!?! She said when did you apply for that?
I said last summer
She says what did you provide for proof of his Citizenship?
His Aussie Passport.
She says - I have no comment about that
What?!
On the document that they sent me now asking for proof it says Australian Passport. On his passport it shows his nationality is Australian
I am sunk.

·
Registered
45 Posts
does he have his landed immigrant certificate or his citizenship card when he became an Australian citizen? perhaps his family his that info

though he was a toddler as you mention his parents would have that with them

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does he have his landed immigrant certificate or his citizenship card when he became an Australian citizen? perhaps his family his that info

Will have to check with my inlaws. We haven't anything as such in possession.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Will have to check with my inlaws. We haven't anything as such in possession.
My mother in law came through. FYI... the sponsor Aussie passport has to be certified. I missed that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.