Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have applied for my permanent residency and it is currently being processed. At this moment in time I am on a Working Holiday Visa, which expires on the 27th of July. I have already had been granted my Bridging Visa A which comes into affect when my WHV expires.

I know that on my WHV I can only work for 6 months at a time. With the Bridging Visa, I have full working rights. So, my question is;

If I start employment on the 27th of Jan 2018 or after this date, can I stay working there more than 6 months? Because 6 months employment will mark the end of my WHV and the start of my bridging visa!

I have an interview on Thursday, so wanting to know in case I am (hopefully) offered the job.

Thanks so much
Megan

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
There are many ways to apply for Permanent Residency and I think the answer to your question requires knowing what new visa you applied for - that leads to PR.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tags say 820 onshore Partner

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I don't do tags, in fact never looked at them before.

Don't think I will change my ways and ever read one of them.

I shall play a Case Officer and decide on evidence given, or our case information given.

If you expect me to search then expect what a Case Officer will give - as they do not need to ask.

***** another useful bit is location/type work that will give exemptions to work limitation of 6 months - no tag!

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are tags?

Anyway, moving on.

My understanding of it is, once the WHV expires, the bridging kicks in immediately and everything changes. So, my, non-expert opinion would be that you would be find to continue on, without having to quit and be rehired.

I am not 100% on this though, my partner actually shifted companies until his bridging kicked in so as to not breach the 6 month and then we waited about a month after before switching back to ensure.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If the bridging visa has no work limitation, then there is no work limitation.

If the bridging visa has the same work limitation as the WHV, then the 6 month period would re-set on the day the bridging visa comes into effect.

Either way, you can work beyond the initial 6 months under the scenario you describe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.