Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have applied for PMV since June 29 2017, it now 16months already but no grant or any update, am seriously worried , because it says 13 - 16 months
Any help please

·
Registered
974 Posts
Occasionally processing of an application will fall outside that time frame. It happens. There are people who have posted here before about waiting as much as 24 months for the grant of a visa.

As long as you have submitted the required evidence, it’s just a waiting game.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have submitted everything they ask for, even upload our second trip together so that I can get my visa quickly, but this waiting is not helping at all

·
Registered
974 Posts
I can get my visa quickly
Unfortunately, in most cases at least, getting a permanent visa isn't something that is associated with the work quickly. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Which Australian embassy did you apply at and what is your country of origin (if different).

The reason I ask is because some countries the security checks take quite a long time and this makes the processing times longer for example those that are from Syria.

Knowing what country you have applied at also helps as some countries generally take longer than others if there are alot of applicants.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Is your application getting processing in Pretoria? If so have you emailed the processing centre for an update on where the application is at?

If they are waiting on security checks then there is nothing that can be done as they don't know when they will be back until they get back.

Nigeria is on the countries that have a high rate of visa fraud so that is why some embassies take longer to process applications that others.

Hopefully you should get the decision soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone from Nigeria just got is visa yesterday, he applied after mine.
Have not mail the office because I can't get there email,i believe u can help me with the mail if u know it
Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Prospective Marriage visa 300

Anyone that applies from Pretoria should help out with information, it's 16months already and have not been given my visa, while someone that apply in August have visa. This is bothering alot
I need answers pls or advice

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Every case is different and assessed on a case by case basis. It also depends on how long it takes for security checks to be completed as some are faster than others. It also depends on if someone has made a complaint that the relationship is not genuine. Another factor is the length of the relationship, someone else could have been together longer, had more visits together or the evidence provided is more thorough.

I have seen others from Nigeria waiting over 16 months. I thought I saw one granted a few weeks ago where they waited about 20/21 months.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Anyone that applies from Pretoria should help out with information, it's 16months already and have not been given my visa, while someone that apply in August have visa. This is bothering alot
I need answers pls or advice
The best advice you can be given if you have submitted everything, done as the Department has asked is to just wait. Each application is unique and someone who was granted their visa quicker than you and applied after you will have no bearing on your application.

We applied in Canada in February, received the visa in March. There we others from Canada who applied as much as 7 months prior to us and we got ours first. It can be luck in some cases.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I email them, it automatic reply
No helping hand there
Don't know what to do now
Happy new year JJman, have you received response from Pretoria since you sent them an email. Because your application is overdue for processing since you submitted in June 2017 and processing time to processed the application is 16 months

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.