Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  a-z 
#1 ·
Hi, we have an urgent issue here. I am a PR (Permanent resident) parent from Sydney applying for passport for my 3 months old infant (we are travelling away next tues 16/9). 2 Auspost outlets we tried they did not accept our application due to the Grant Notice document printout of my PR status as a parent is not sufficient to prove that at the time of my infant's birth I was a PR. Auspost said they either need a visa label or official print out from the immigration. Apparently this is not the case after some research and phoning the passport office they said filling out form 119 and apply for the evidence with the DIAC is a must.

The problem is if the form 119 is really required, it seems that it only accepts application by post (today is Saturday, DIAC does not open. Even I tried phone them and waited, the recording just kept me waiting), it will take awhile and we won't be able to make our trip.

Is there anything I can do now besides going to the DIAC and passport offices located in the same building near Central on Monday? Please kindly HELP!!!

P.S... We have planned for this trip and been waiting for the birth certificate in the past 8 weeks to apply for passport for our infant; however there was a delay! We finally got it after making a few calls to the BDM chasing them up! Frustrated...

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, we have an urgent issue here. I am a PR (Permanent resident) parent from Sydney applying for passport for my 3 months old infant (we are travelling away next tues 16/9). 2 Auspost outlets we tried they did not accept our application due to the Grant Notice document printout of my PR status as a parent is not sufficient to prove that at the time of my infant's birth I was a PR. Auspost said they either need a visa label or official print out from the immigration. Apparently this is not the case after some research and phoning the passport office they said filling out form 119 and apply for the evidence with the DIAC is a must.

The problem is if the form 119 is really required, it seems that it only accepts application by post (today is Saturday, DIAC does not open. Even I tried phone them and waited, the recording just kept me waiting), it will take awhile and we won't be able to make our trip.

Is there anything I can do now besides going to the DIAC and passport offices located in the same building near Central on Monday? Please kindly HELP!!!

P.S... We have planned for this trip and in person been waiting for the birth certificate in the past 8 weeks to apply for passport for our infant; however there was a delay! We finally got it after making a few calls to the BDM chasing them up! Frustrated...
From previous experience I suggest going in person that way if there is any problems you can shuttle between both places until you get everything sorted out.
Of course it will cost you extra for the express service but you have left yourself little choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.