Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Longtime lurker first time poster. I'd like to thank everyone over the years for their valuable contributions to this thread. It has been very useful in helping me and my wife prepare and submit her application.

Long story short, we are currently living in Australia and my wife is on a 309.

We were asked to submit info for her 100 and did so quickly in August 2016.

On December 18th 2017 my wife received a message requesting a police check. Since this was the start of the holiday period and she was checking her emails less she unfortunately missed it.

Anyway, today (January 18) she found it and we freaked out and she immediately applied and paid for her police check. The problem is it's already past 28 days. And the check won't arrive for another couple of weeks.

She already uploaded her receipt from the Police to her Immi account.

Should she submit the application now (hit "information provided")?

Or do we wait till the actual police check arrives?

How serious will they be about these 28 days over Xmas and NYE? Are they working days? or just days. Is her application in jeopardy? Is there anything else we can do?

Please help us, we are very concerned.

stevie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, after some discussion, we hit submit.

This is technically 3 days late but we are hoping for some compassion due to the days occurring over Xmas and NYE.

It would be terrible after all these years of diligently submitting things to lose her visa because of this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

So just a follow up: After uploading the receipt of police check (3 days after 28 day window), we emailed then Immi.

I spoke to someone who was very understanding, and said that over the holiday period it is possible to miss such deadlines.

She made a note that we have called and emailed and told us to keep an eye on our inboxes from now on. (will be up for PR in April or December 2018 and it's likely they haven't even got to our file yet).

I hope this helps anyone else who may be in our position.

Good luck everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.