Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all

I just received an email from the department requesting further information- we applied in December 2016. Firstly I am glad it has finally been assigned a case officer but the stress of it all is coming back to haunt me.
They have requested evidence of the relationship
-Financial
-Social
-Nature
-Committment
They also state that you cannot upload documents that have previously been uploaded.
I did upload documents for all 4 categories so I am really confused as to what to do. Are they saying our information wasn't sufficient or are they asking for the documents we did upload to be updated?
I uploaded joint bank acc details, transactions, lease (we had been living together for 14 months at time of application), bills with both of our names, super beneficiary, pictures, social media, cards.
Can anyone think of anything else we can upload? We dont have any joint liabilities.
Please can someone help me- we have 21 days left to submit our information.
Thanks in Advance

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
If it's been since 2015 I would upload new documents from the time period since you applied - anything you can think of. Did you apply as de facto or are you married? If de facto, had you been de facto for 12 months when you applied and did you supply evidence of all 12 months? Just making sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply CollegeGirl- we applied as Defacto.
I realised I made a mistake in the original post- we submitted in December 2016 and not in 2015.
At that point we had been together for 2 years (lived together for 22 months) and our relationship had been registered for 1 year. We supplied evidence from when we first started living together.
Okay it would be good if they were just looking for updated documents.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
You could always respond to the email and say "When I originally applied, I included evidence in all four categories" and then give a list of the type of evidence you included in each category. Then say something like "I apologise, but I'm not sure what else you're after unless it's updated information since I applied? I'll begin uploading that type of evidence in case that's what your after, but if for some reason you don't have access to the evidence I originally provided please by all means let me know."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay that sounds good CollegeGirl thank you.
Do you think it is alright to reply directly to the generic email address whilst quoting my case number?
U

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Yes. They may not respond, but at least you'll have evidence you asked the question. If they don't respond you could also call too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Unamc. It might be a bit late replying to your post but i received the same request as you. Been in a de facto relationship since 2014. Applied for 820/801 in 2016. I got a request for more information last month (January 2018) and i was surprised that the CO needed more evidence for my case. I used a lawyer to apply in 2016 and they said I had provided sufficient evidence at that time. The request for information looked a copy paste of the initial evidence for the application.- nature of relationship, financial aspect, social aspect..etc. NOTE that I had submitted ALL these 4 category evidence in 2016. So this time i provided an updated/ recent and active joint bank statement, my car rego and insurance showing my current address, more recent photos, previous wedding invitations, updated whatsapp communication, I did an Australian format stat Dec, partner and his mum did an Australian stat dec, i wrote a personal statement, i submitted 2 form 888 from different people who didn't submit in the first go, our updated timeshare paid off, future travel plans..etc We gave them more recent information (no repeat documents from the earlier submission) to prove that our relationship is still genuine and on going. It has been 4 weeks since i submitted the evidence and i have just completed my medical assessment upon their request.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Unamc. It might be a bit late replying to your post but i received the same request as you. Been in a de facto relationship since 2014. Applied for 820/801 in 2016. I got a request for more information last month (January 2018) and i was surprised that the CO needed more evidence for my case. I used a lawyer to apply in 2016 and they said I had provided sufficient evidence at that time. The request for information looked a copy paste of the initial evidence for the application.- nature of relationship, financial aspect, social aspect..etc. NOTE that I had submitted ALL these 4 category evidence in 2016. So this time i provided an updated/ recent and active joint bank statement, my car rego and insurance showing my current address, more recent photos, previous wedding invitations, updated whatsapp communication, I did an Australian format stat Dec, partner and his mum did an Australian stat dec, i wrote a personal statement, i submitted 2 form 888 from different people who didn't submit in the first go, our updated timeshare paid off, future travel plans..etc We gave them more recent information (no repeat documents from the earlier submission) to prove that our relationship is still genuine and on going. It has been 4 weeks since i submitted the evidence and i have just completed my medical assessment upon their request.
Just a question hope you don't mins - did you respond to the generic email at all? Or just upload the requested documents straights to your immi account?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Patricerafferty.
I processed my visa application with the assistance of a migration lawyer. I just get sent the documents that the department attaches via email and I send back to the lawyer what is requested. I have no idea how they sent the documents . But I'm guessing it was directly to my immi account...with possibly a note of what documents have been submitted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.