Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there who is currently applying or has applied for their skills assessment through AITSL. I have a PGCE transcript/credits query. I would like some advice.

I did my PGCE through the University of Exeter. My transcript states 60-masters level credits on it. My immigration case worker has only come across PGCE certificates with 120-credits stated on the transcript, so feels that my application might not have a positive outcome and I risk it being rejected.

I have addressed my qualification with the university and the teacher education manager confirms that the transcript is correct and that five other universities she listed off the top of her head (The Institute of Education-London,University of Cumbria,University of Newcastle and University of York) all award 60-M level credits like mine.

The decision now lies with me - that I submit the paperwork and risk losing $600 if it's not correct.

Please could someone let me know if you have been in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.[/SIZE]

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Hi, yes they are. I am going through the Visa Bureau.
'They' are not registered migration agents.

Only individuals can be registered migration agents.

There is a registered migration agent listed as a consultant of the firm you mentioned. Is your case being managed by a registered migration agent?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
'They' are not registered migration agents.

Only individuals can be registered migration agents.

There is a registered migration agent listed as a consultant of the firm you mentioned. Is your case being managed by a registered migration agent?
Oh right, I didn't know that. I assumed all the agents at the Visa Bureau were registered. The registered migration agent you are referring to, is the one I've had initial consultations with via email & phone. Then he assigned me a migration case worker and she is now dealing with all of my paperwork & general queries etc.

I have everything for my skills assessment ready and I am about to get it all certified and sent off to the Visa Bureau (who will submit it directly to AITSL).

Hopefully the PGCE credits thing is not an issue because I have yet to find an answer...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hi! I am getting ready to lodge my skills assessment as a secondary teacher. But as I leave in 12 days, I am going to wait to lodge it as soon as I get to Australia. Any news on yours? Did you lodge it and how long did it take AITSL to process it? Thanks and best of luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.