Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801)

I am Aussie and my partner is English.
We are on stage 2 and the waiting period for PR was 6-8 months. That then changed and became 12 months.
We are up to the 12 months this week and I have heard about all the changes.
Status is: Assessment in progress (Last updated 30 Apr 2016)

Does this mean we have to wait another 12 months for PR and then 4 years for citizenship???

So stressful!

Also we are thinking of doing the same thing back in the UK (God help us) and staying there a few years.
Does this mean my partner will stay on the Permanent Partner Visa even if we live out of the country and will he be able to live back in Australia easily if we are still together?
We don't want to go through all of this again!

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
They are quoting up to 15 months for 75% of applications and 20 months for up to 90% of applications from eligible date: https://www.border.gov.au/about/acc...ards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

It will be 4 years from PR for citizenship (unless things change - you can provide feedback to immi about the change). I imagine it would be the same as what it is now ... x number of time out of Australia, so if you are out too long you won't be able to get citizenship until you meet the residency requirements.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Simone, I am assisting my wife submitting for stage two (same category). I am confused as to where we submit our documents and stat dec's from friends ect ? was this part of your initial application online ?

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.